hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
470 hp from 4.2 liters?
Not without forced induction on a road going production car.
That would be an amazing 112 hp per liter NA

My guess it IS a tweaked version of the 4.2 liter in the RS4 but expect it to be in the 430-435 hp range at most.
Add that to the lighter RS5 platform and it would make it a pretty quick car.

A TT V10 just won't sell very well here in the states, would make the car too front heavy as well.

However, two small turbos on the 4.2 liter making 5-6 psi boost would make that one heck of an engine and car.
But I'm sure it would require the lower revving 4.2 from the old S4 and current S5.
That would put it in the 450 hp range and a boatload of torque which would be awesome for that AWD platform.
You make some good points. There is just no way the RS5 will be a V10. It will be nose heavy and more of an M6 rival and therefore more expensive. NO WAY will it happen.

Word is now that it should be a N/A V8 hitting ~450bhp. As I showed in the other thread that is absolutely achievable from the V10 in the LP560-4. Then again, Audi have been known to test more than 1 type of engine.

I also agree on the V8 TT route. It would require a lower revving engine, like the S5's V8 but I doubt they will use that. Perhaps they will derive a V8 TT from the RS6's V10 TT. Always been a perfectly good idea, except the front will be heavy again.

For that reason I think it will be N/A V8.