South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Question for Nick:

Explain to me how these "waterless car wash" guys claim that they won't leave any scratches on your car. That just seems impossible to me. Don't they just spray some chemical on the car and then wipe the dirt off (which would end up scratching the paint)??
You basically take the product and mix it with water so you still need water. Using the two bucket method you soak the wash mitt in the solution and start washing each section of the car and the solution and I guess the special forumula is very lubricated so that it is supposed to bond with the car's paint and trap the dirt particles so that there's no abrasion as you wipe.

I've never tried it personally but I've heard good things about it. I believe the other vendors detailedimage and detaildomain carry the ONR (optimum no rinse) product and supposedly they work great. I personally am hesitant to try the product though but I probably should give it a go. Especially since I have a jet black car, I'd be worried that I won't rinse the mitt often enough in between sections of the car..especially if the car is filthy. It's like the baceteria hand sanitizers. I know it's supposed to kill 99.9 percent of the germs but I still wouldnt lick my fingers while eating some wingstop nom nom nom.
Appreciate 0