08-13-2009, 07:24 AM   #185
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNEDM3 View Post
Whoops...Yes I meant the dual-mass flywheel. If the problem lies within the clutch and flywheel how would a new tranny fix the issue?
I wonder, if they're replacing the tranny, wouldn't they replace the flywheel and clutch too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNEDM3 View Post
Good for you, I hope it fixes the problem. But the tranny would not fix the problem if the problem lies with the car having a dual clutch. Now that its brought to my attention it really does seem to be the issue.
I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens when I get the new tranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbarg View Post
Wow. Glad they're looking after you. Clearly, some cars have this worse than others. I'm not sure I could make it happen on demand; I've been slowing my 1-2 shifts which has definitely helped.
Mine only happens on quick shifts. Slow shifts won't cause it. Still, it's nice to know I'll have a new tranny now.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0