View Single Post
      11-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #9
Teshi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Blue/Usually full of camera ge

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
well 2 of the main reasons i want the upgrade is 1, i would EVENTUALLY like a full frame sensor (which is offered in the 5d but not the 50d) and 2 I REALLY REALLY want a sensor with the new auto cleaning function... you have no idea how dirty my sensor gets so often and its a fucking hassle either paying for it to be cleaned or editing the dirty pics in photoshop.

in terms of glass right now I have a 10-18mm wide angle, 28-135mm f/3.5-5 IS USM and a 28-300mm f/ 3.5-5 Macro.

With either camera I choose to get I'll most likely be adding a 24-70mm f/2.8 or 24-105mm f/4 EF-L with it and also as of this morning I have a 50mm f/1.8 on its way to me from Amazon.com.
Saying that, cleaning my sensor is not that much of a big deal. 15 minutes for a full clean which you will have to do for more stubborn dust.

As for my recommendation, it still stands, up the ante on lenses and look at a better line up, trust me it will improve your pictures before body.

Once you have picked the right lenses, then moving bodies will make more sense. Looking back at it, I should have done the same. It would have stopped me buying lenses once, selling them and buying the same again.
Appreciate 0