View Single Post
      10-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Special_K
Assistant to the Regional Manager
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

My Baby Got Robbed

Drove down from Seattle to Portland last night for the NASA HPDE weekend at PIR. Was going to by my first time running with NASA and also my first time to PIR, I was totally stoked. Had the car all packed up with the usual track gear- my set of apex ec-7 wheels, jack, tools, helmet, canopy, etc...

Woke up at 4am this morning to a cop knocking on my hotel room door (Residence Inn by the Expo Center, bit of a sketchy area), let me know someone called in a white BMW with the window smashed out..."yes officer, that's mine". We went down to take a look, at first didn't look like anything was missing- they went thru the center console and glove compartment but good luck with that because I keep my shit tight and I never leave anything worth stealing in there. Next I checked the trunk expecting all my tools and helmet to be gone but they were untouched. Since the car didn't unlock when they smashed out the window and they didn't know where the trunk release was, they couldn't get in.

...But then I count the wheels, and they took ONE wheel! WTF??!! They couldn't unlock the doors but were able to pull an 18x10 wheel with a 275 tire out from the back between the front seats and then out the driver window. I was so pissed! I was even more pissed because it was just one! I mean who steals just one wheel that only fits on like 3 different car models?! Somehow I would have been less pissed if they had just taken all four!

So I drove and walked around the area for a good hour looking for some punk tweaker trying to carry or roll my wheel down the road....unfortunately, no luck.

To make a long story short, I showed up to PIR, spoke with Andy who runs it and he was totally cool and offered me a refund. Everyone at NASA came by to offer kind works, want to give you all a shout out for being so cool. Really helped cheer me up especially considering I had a 3hr drive ahead of me with no driver's window and it was pretty cold out. Hoping for a better experience next time. And if any of you guys in the Portland area see some tweaker trying to sell an anthracite EC-7 wrapped in an NT-01, please let me know. I will be glad to drive down from Seattle the next day and pay him an unkindly visit!