View Single Post
      05-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #88
Maloney
Vroom
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
I hate jumping into this kind of discussion because both sides have some valid points. I will say that I understand professional courtesy etc but where I take exception is when LarThaL says "that's what the police would do because they are the enforcers of law, not the creators or the judges.". I view using that discretion to write a ticket or not as playing the role of judge and jury. This is really not a black and white discussion but can't have it both ways really, either the law was broken and a ticket needs to be written or the LEO is acting as a judge of sorts by choosing to not write a ticket.

Edit: And I am an active supporter of my local police and have not had a ticket or accident in more than 20 years...
You are absolutely right, I agree 100%. They love to use the excuse "Well I didn't write the law, I just enforce them." Then why do you have the ability of discretion. Trust me, I like to get off with a warning with the best of them, but warnings are issued and discretion is used so that excuse doesn't cut it in my book.