View Single Post
      11-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #81
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max@RWE View Post
Our cage build is coming along nicely, and the majority of tubes have been cut, bent, fitted and tack welded in place. The only major parts left are the door bars and a few cross braces, and we should have those fabricated shortly. After that it's just final welding and the car will be off to have the interior and cage painted. I'll try to get some pics this evening.

Support didn't mention that we custom fabricated the rolling stainless steel stand for the tube bender that's in the pics above. It's not the biggest thing in the world but I think it's pretty cool.

Thanks! The sound is unbelievable in person and I'd really like to try and get some pro audio recorded so everybody can hear what it sounds like. It should be even more insane with the full race exhaust setup.

The original stroker setup used a factory airbox and was functionally identical to a stock motor, so the braces fit fine. When we built the velocity stack setup with the foam filters, we did have to remove the braces. We've been considering perhaps making a custom strut bar setup to stiffen things a bit further, but with the cage the car should already be exceptionally rigid.

I don't have exact downforce numbers available at the moment, but our staff engineer and those at APR were in agreement that the new splitter is about optimal for the car. Some pretty big things are in store for the rear aero as well; the recent photos of the rear of the car might provide a bit of a hint of what's coming. We should be doing some CFD modelling down the line to get real numbers.

Strut bars have been constantly proven to do absolutely nothing for chassis stiffening. More just for looks. I'm looking into a similar ITG filter setup but was wondering which base you used. PM me if you'd rather not list it here. Thanks.
Appreciate 0