Rep

Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Whoa!!! Nice!!!

I wonder if Evolve has an updated tune for the few of us with the Stage 1 tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
So, if I've had a Stage 2 tune for about a year, do I just contact Evolve and have them send me an update?
Guys just email data at evolve automotive.com to arrange your updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I'll jump in on this thread too since I just got the latest Evolve Tune loaded on the car.
I had an old version of the tune since it was sitting in a box for more than 6 months. I just never got around to loading it, and was figuring out mods.
I couldn't get the tune to open properly because I didn't plug in the cable... like the instructions tell you to do BEFORE opening the Evolve software. Once I did that, all was good... except my software had expired. Sal got me a new version right away and all was good.
Also make sure the car is in the ON setting- 2 pushes of the ignition button when reading or loading... like the instructions say to do. Loading the software took 38 minutes for me. I had a charger giving 2amps during this process. Another hint. You can't send the file via Hotmail. I was able to send it using my Gmail and all was good. Sal returned the tuned file the next day and the loading took about 8 minutes. Great service again.
As for the tune, I have 91 octane, no cold start and stock redline/top speed with Akra Evo. I was thinking about getting rid of the Akra because of the loss of low/mid range torque and the smell. It was also damn loud on cold start-up. My neighbors are nice, but I know it bugged them. Now it's all good. The cold start-up delete also makes the car run so much smoother in the morning. The car seemed grumpy and pissed I woke it up before the tune. The low end torque is MUCH better now. It's not like a 335, but it's similar to what it was before the Akra Evo now. The car is just much more drivable when cold now, and not obnoxious. I haven't had a chance to open it up yet, but look forward to doing it soon.
Thanks for the review. Glad you are enjoying it so far. Let us know what is like when you have a chance to open it up.
Appreciate 0