View Single Post
      11-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #26
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Why would you want to buy something that depreciates in value more than 50% in a few years. Think of it as a house. If you knew that the $500,000 house you bought was going to be worth $250,000 in 5 years, would you still buy it and make such high payments or would you pay rent and live a lot more conformably.

To me leasing is the smarter choice since you get to drive a new car every few years and pay considerably less than buying. Obviously you don't keep the car at the end, but most people sell their cars with payments still remaining so why not pay less. Now with that said, if you're an absolute car nut and must tune all your cars, then buying would be a better choice since you're gonna spend so much money on it.
Because if something happens (job loss, injury, etc) you are up the creek without a paddle. If you need to downscale it's tough to get out of a lease quickly, and if, god forbid, disaster strikes, you have no car and your credit is ruined.

Owning a car outright none of that is a concern, and financing you can at least sell it off and buy a beater.
Appreciate 0