06-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #864
kyoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkysTheLimit View Post
Awesome.

I bought mine half from APEX and half from a private seller. I have EC7's which are a little heavier - wish I got the ARC8's.

If you go 275 - grab them from discount tire this weekend. They have a $100 rebate for July 4th. I'm personally debating another set but it'll depend on how many more (and how important) events I do for the rest of the season.

I also might add I got mine in March/April and they're already about done. Over 100 runs on mine, they are currently very sticky and fast but they won't be here for much longer.
great tip, thanks - sounds like 275/35-18 is the tried and true (https://www.discounttiredirect.com/b...e71r/p/29677)? don't need the max setup, will be learning how to control throttle for a while...120hp mini & 300hp evo = 100% throttle all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
Sam -- welcome. Your best bet is to hit a group buy on the wheels. Remember, if you are up for membership renewal, you'll get a $70 off coupon from SCCA on a set of tires. I think you will find this car a bit more exciting that the Mini.
thanks Clark - will start checking the group buys.

re: the shims - do your brake pads all have that clip that slots into the piston of the brake caliper? seems like it'll be a little difficult to run titanium shims that way, also not quite sure why that clip is even needed
Appreciate 0