View Single Post
      12-28-2018, 08:24 PM   #70
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Thanks, appreciate the insight. I honestly haven't seen anyone post this setup with a review, tutorial, or anything on here... moving the secondary cat into primary spot, and test pipes where secondary are... do you have any links showing this being in detail? what type of test pipe can be used further back? just a steel pipe?
I see one more thing I need to clarify: even though we're referring to "test pipes", its really "test tubing". Pipe is measured by OD and schedule thickness, and isn't as precise as tubing. Tubing is measured by OD and wall thickness, usually expressed in thousandths of an inch. For the experiment I'm proposing. any kind of steel tubing thats the same diameter and wall thickness as factory exhaust tubing will work.

You could fill the secondary cat location with tubing, but you could also take advantage of that location to place another pair of resonators to help limit drone. Anyone who goes to the trouble of doing any kind of Stage 2 work like this or standard primary cat deletes is usually experimenting with replacement exhaust boxes as well, so an extra pair of tuned resonators would be put to good use. I'd just suggest doing the math and getting the right resonators for the job, or as close to right as the space allows.

As far as I know, no one has done this cat rearrangement. Due to the larger footprint and bulk of the secondary cat, it may not be possible, so I may be looking for smaller cats that are still 200cpi like the OEM cats (assuming that what I've read here is true, and the OEM secondary cats are indeed 200cpi). IF I do, the vendor that'll be at the top of my list is Larini.
Appreciate 1
wfdeacon881105.00