View Single Post
      01-04-2017, 01:37 AM   #23
nuru
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Thanks for this post. I did the Ghost subwoofer and the front speakers of the Stage 1 this weekend. I assumed, because I didn't open the box, that they had screwed up and not sent me both flanges and the crossovers for the rear tweeters. As a result of your post, I verified that they had indeed sent me the right thing. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

To anyone else considering this upgrade: I'm very pleased myself. The sound is crisper to me (better separation of sounds) even with the standard amp and with only the front speakers done. If you do do this, I found the subs to actually be the most pain in the ass and tedious part of the install - especially the passenger side. Second biggest pain in the ass was reinstalling the window trim that holds the tweeter and getting everything to line up just right.

In the end, as I said, I'm really happy with it. All told, it took me about three or four hours. I'm sure others can do it faster, but there are some points that you just don't want to rush, or you'll break plastic or have bad alignment.
Appreciate 0