View Single Post
      07-24-2020, 01:28 PM   #1
swanlake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M

Talking Karbonius CF Airbox & Intake Review

After an almost 4 month wait, my Karbonius Carbon Fiber Plenum, elbow, and intake finally arrived, and I couldn't wait to get it on the car. I sourced mine through Turner Motorsports since the groupbuy had been closed. I've read many many pages of the groupbuy thread, but haven't seen a proper standalone review with video, so here goes.

VISUAL
Initial perception on quality was top notch, perfect weave throughout, no blemishes in the clear.

INSTALL
Install was a bit tricky since the box is taller than OEM and couldn't manage to get the very front airbox lid screw to seat, but oh well. Getting the ITG filter in was also a major pain in the ass, but since it's so snug I'm confident it's not going anywhere.

IMPRESSIONS
This thing sounds incredible. At part throttle it sounds stock, but when you roll into the throttle at any RPM you get a deep growl from the front of the car, which resonates through the whole vehicle. I've never experienced anything quite like this. It's most noticeable at low RPM's when you get lots of throatiness and then up top is just a mechanical scream. I do have one concern which is that at high RPM's over bumps the intake tone changes, almost like the box is changing shape or touching something in the engine bay, but the engine doesn't seem to notice. If any other Karbonius owners have experienced this, please let me know.

Onto the vid! I know everyone says this, but make sure to watch this with headphones or a decent speaker setup, the tone of the intake is most noticeable in the lower frequency ranges.
SYT_Shadow11501.50