View Single Post
      08-29-2021, 03:49 AM   #21
iamtrashman
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 AW Stripper M3

Oh, I also weighed the car. I was curious what it might weigh considering it is fairly "low-option".

With just under half a tank of fuel with me in it and one with me out of it. The scale is for commercial transport, and goes in increments of 10kg. With no passengers, the car would weigh between 1576kg-1584kg which is a range between 3474lbs-3492lbs.

Weight reduction measures at this point would be the muffler delete, and the driver seat change.

I believe with a lightweight battery, an aftermarket X-pipe, and carbon seats I could get the weight below 3400lbs with half a tank of fuel, even if I add an aftermarket muffler back on (an aftermarket X-pipe with no muffler would be way way too loud.)

Considering the weights I have seen posted for other cars with more options and DCT transmissions I feel like sub 3500 is a good starting weight. I haven't removed a single piece of the interior (and I am not sure I even will, but I may go after some low hanging fruit in the future for fun like the tire inflator and maybe do a rear seat delete if I could find one that looked half decent and wasn't prohibitively expensive.)

Anyway, sorry the pictures aren't very great, but at least I have pictures of the fuel level and scale readout.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
DrFerry6730.00
SAMM3Y3085.00