View Single Post
      05-15-2016, 05:02 AM   #16
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Update

I've had the opportunity to get a few things done on the car, largely cosmetic, so I thought I would share. The first was fitting up a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs. A tame drop but nonetheless I think it looks a bit better than stock. I'm quite happy with it and it seems to be compatible with EDC. It is a little flatter through the corners and the ride is still quite civilised.

I switched out the halogen globes in the angel eyes to LEDs - I much prefer the 'clean' white look they provide. The old pre-LCI tail lights were ditched in favour of the LCI versions - it certainly updates the appearance of the M3. Topping things off is a genuine BMW carbon lip - this ties in beautifully with the carbon roof and carbon mirror caps.

I was not much of a fan of the stock 19" wheels so those had to go. Deciding on the right set is always a bit of a minefield but I have a thing for the cross-spoke style on BMWs. I decided to take a punt of a set of VMR 810s. They do get a good rap in the US and I quite liked the look of them. In my opinion they are a well made wheel and the finish is very good - I'm more than happy with the decision to go with them. I've gone for gloss gun metal 19 X 9.5" and 19 X 11.0" with 265/35 X 19 and 295/30 X 19. I was a little apprehensive with the rear setup but they have mostly worked out. I do get very minor rub when going over a big dip with 2 up but it is restricted to just the arch liner. Nothing that the Dremel can't fix ..... But they do look so good and those rear arches are certainly filled out!
Attached Images

Last edited by JJH; 07-02-2017 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 2