View Single Post
      12-12-2018, 08:24 AM   #2
m235boy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3753 View Post
So today I noticed this moaning/grinding type of noise at low RPM, especially when coming off throttle in or out of gear below 2.5k rpm. I can also hear it as I accelerate at low rpm as well. I heard it once before maybe 2 months ago after it had rained for the first time in 6 months. It went away later that day, but returned today. I thought maybe it was from the rain somehow, but clearly not.

The car runs fine, has 71,200 miles on her and has had no issues outside of fuel tank breather valve. Original bearings and TAs. No codes/faults found other than"software rest OOAAOE" which I believe is an airbag fault. Attached is an iPhone video from inside the car. You can hear it best at the end of the video. I will have to wait for someone else to maybe rev and see if I can pinpoint where in the engine it seems to originate from.

Any help is greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll just wait until something fails.

Thanks
Nick

Mine did that from time to time until I flushed the power steering fluid which fixed it, haven't heard it since then... Not sure if it's the same issue
Appreciate 0