Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
AR Motorsports has just started building some custom 3" brake ducts for my e46 M3 with S62 GT2 car. With the stock inline six the custom AP Racing BBK was just amazing. But the car is now 20 mph faster on the straights and the brakes are barely doing their job. Basically screaming for mercy. Hopefully this helps enough. If not we will have to build a custom bracket/caliper holder to convert a 372mm for my car. AP Essex only make a 355mm kit for the e46 M3.
Sounds like you need some fans - are you already using two hoses per side?
We didn't use ducts originally because we were looking for max front downforce. The 3" ducts should help but am unsure if it will be enough. Current GT2 rules allow one brake duct fan per corner. I am guessing that fans are used more commonly used with GT1/TA and TA2 cars were their wheels are typically small. I my situation we can fit a larger rotor inside the 18" wheel and would most likely be our next step. I also have a Tilton pedal box with brake bias control/nob. So there is also the need to get that dialed in. Hopefully I get a chance to test in the next month or so.
*We have changed master cylinder sizes twice this year. Plus had two ABS modules w/CSL tune that were bad. FYI Yokohama slicks are expensive to flat spot.
Appreciate 0