View Single Post
      12-04-2017, 04:51 PM   #134
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonelwell View Post
Does anyone know whether the fluids / solutions typically used in commercial hand car washes are OK on a BMW frozen colour.

I've just ordered a 4 series in frozen bronze - for the last 5 years I've taken my 3 series to a local hand car wash - they use pressure sprays (but not too close) then wash the car with mitts and leather dry. Not sure what chemicals they use though - presume it's normal car shampoo.

Obviously I can ask them... but I wonder what others' experience is..
As long as the product they use don't contain any wax filler. Based on that, I would have to guess no you can't use them anymore because most (if not all) car wash places use shampoo that contains wax as that gives the car the extra shine that pleases customers.

I would try to avoid getting the car wash by someone else. You should note that scratches on matte paint can't be polished out like regular paint. Therefore I don't even let the dealer wash my car after service. Just less headache in my opinion, because if I scratch my car when washing then it is my fault and I can only blame myself. If someone else scratches it then there will be lots of blaming, arguing and back and forth since the only solution would be a repaint.
Appreciate 1
FMLYSDN1181.50