11-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #45
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Kernow View Post
I've done quite a lot of research into these upgrades for the M3. My overall decision is to go with the stroker route (its gonna be a while before i do the conversion though as Christmas is coming so I know the bank account is going to get emptied by the misses). It seems the best value for to me, the RD Stroker also includes the complete exhaust system which wouldn't come with the FI kits. RTEM, Metal Cats, X-Pipe and Backboxes have a value of around 10k

Not when its blown up though eh? And i'm not sure even when its running correctly it would, added weight to the front end would throw off the handling of the car.

Any vids of FI against the Stroker at the track or anything???

Do you really wanna turn your M into an American Muscle car or keep it as the European Sports coupe it was designed to be? Sorry, but the pros for a stroker are you are not only keeping the original characteristics of the M (one of the main reasons I purchased mine) but also the reliability that FI is and never will be known for.

Out of interest has anyone with the S65 stroker encountered any problems?
LOL cute so you think because G-power had a problem with their tune that somehow that will be the case with all the other kits? First of all if the kit is tuned properly and running properly and maintened there is no reason an FI M3 shouldn't last an easy 80k Miles on the stock motor and I'm sure it could last much longer in reality. And by that time I dont think alot of people even have their cars.

Also even if half the owners of stroker cars even knew how to drive their cars hard enough to even possibly notice the supposed extra weight on the front of the car they would still get trounced on the track thats guranteed. You're not even dramatically changing the weight bias, that statement is absurd were not talking adding enough weight to front of the car to change the balance to something silly it will maybe be at worst 53/47 (stock is 52.2/48.8 or similiar )and if you were really into having a lightweight cars you probably wouldnt have bought an M3 in the first place so gimme a break.

Bottomline you're not ever going to see a stroker M3 beat the times of a FI M3 on any track cept maybe an Autocross or something where you can't even use the power of the S/C and my opinion that doesn't even count.

Also who cares if you get an exhaust and all that as part of the cost in a FI kit, it would still make more power and destroy the stroker car besides for the money you're saving you can buy all that and still have money left over so how is that more valueable? are you serious lol?

WTF does American muscle have to do with FI are you really being serious?

All I know is the strokers really have good tourqe (for a small rpm range) and thats about the only positive it has over a Full Bolt on M3. And where it makes tourqe isn't nesscessarily better for the track if you're high in the rev range. Anyway to the OP get a FI kit or just go full bolt on if you're gonna have your car for life or over 100k miles and dont want to rebuild then which alot of people would do anyway after having the FI on a stock motor for that long.

I personally think If I'm dropping over 25K+ on a motor it better be able to do 10's And that will never happen with a stroker alone.
Appreciate 0