07-08-2018, 01:51 PM   #71
Shrike360
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3, 2011 Porsche CTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
So..

I just rented 2018 Mustang GT manual with PP and put about 2k miles on it including some mountain fun.

The 2018 Coyote with direct port is IMO a superior engine to the S65. Revs to almost 8k and has all the torque the S65 lacks. Lots of character and amazing sound. Yes better sound. The S65 wins intake sound though.

In fact besides looks I give the edge to the Mustang in every department.
I tried to get a test drive of a GT, but the dealer straight up refused to give me a test drive of a base GT because I wouldn't be interested in buying that specific car. It was listed at $35k... I did at least sit in a premium package car. It was at this point I lost interest in it. The back seat was completely uninhabitable (like BRZ levels of room) and the interior felt way too cheap to me. I understand you make some sacrifices for the price, but still.

The car I'm eyeing right now is a Giulia QV. I've at least sat in it, and quite liked the interior and thought it was just about the right size in every department. Still need to drive one, but I can't imagine it being more dull to drive than the F80 I tested. Am going to wait a year or two on the car, to see how they hold up, to see if the dealer network expands a bit more and if there's a chance Alfa may leave again. Plus, year old cars are sitting near $60k with not much mileage. But boy, hop over to the F80 forums and you'd swear it was worse than a Yugo.
Appreciate 0