View Single Post
      02-19-2018, 10:56 PM   #15
AW BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 SS2 F80/18 AVUS BLUE F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3velocity View Post
Once it's on the move it goes, but when I needed power it takes a while to downshift. I have to plan ahead when I need to make a move away from the rest of the traffic. I'm just saying Toyota has a had of time and examples to program an 8 speed auto.
You are right, they have had a lot of time to get the programming just right with the 8 speed auto. I will say, I test drove an SE but that cars engine and trans did not feel the same as my wife's car. I tell her she got a gifted car because it pulls like a v6 and the trans is willing to follow along, needless to say we are very happy with her car.

I did notice another thing, my dad has a 2017 Tacoma sport and I have a 2017 Tacoma pro, both transmissions do not feel the same and even he noticed it. Mine reacts quicker than his as far as shifting speed and his also has a minor clunk sound when slowing down sometimes. Don't really kbo what to make of it.

Back on topic, Mazda needs to try and stay with more drivers oriented cars. I had a Mazdaspeed 3 1st generation and I really loved the way it drove. Mazda follow Toyota over BMW, it sounds strange to me but what do I know.
Appreciate 0