08-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #13
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will@PRS View Post
The VF Engineering kit comes with an air/water cooler eliminating the need of having meth. The new cooling system does the job well. No need to run meth injection.

We have a VF620 on its way to us in Florida and another about to be ordered. Both customers steered away from meth and really like the added cooling system on the VF kit.

Are you curious because of the heat or you just want to add the meth system to the supercharger?
Not just heat, but octane as well.

I understand both the VF620 and ESS VT2 kits come with air/water intercooling. And no matter how good the air/water systems are, the addition of meth/water with both reduce IATs and provide a much higher effective octane rating. As an example, I have an intercooler on my N54 335. Without meth/water it is tuned to 14.5 psi making ~ 350 RWHP. But with the meth/water, IAT's are significantly reduced (I have plenty of logs of this) and the meth increases the effective octane on pump 91 gas to something near 100 and so ignition can be advanced and boost can be increased. In this map, it yields ~ 410 RWHP.

I am not advocating meth as an alternative to an intercooler. I want to add meth to an already intercooled application and tune for it.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0