View Single Post
      12-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
iamcpap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5M

New (to me) HRE Wheels & GC Sleeve-Over Kit

Not great photos, but will have some better ones soon. Originally had 19" Volk TE37SL's on stock ZCP suspension and the car was way too twitchy and high. I bought a brand new KW Sleeve Kit and sold it brand new and instantly regretted it, so the hunt was on for another affordable suspension setup for a moderate drop.

I picked up the Ground Control sleeve kit from a forum member here and shipped it to VS Motorsports. (at a great price too) In the meantime, another local forum member was selling his HRE R43's, so I said, why not. After driving Mark's car, which happened to be at VS for some work, which also rides on 18's, lowered, I knew I had to ditch the Volk 19's...

This feels great in the city with only a slightly reduced ride quality. Wheels and car are filthy in the pics... Will have the car washed and some proper photos taken perhaps tomorrow around the city...

Overall, the ride on 18's with a 35 series tire is a drastic improvement over the 19's on a 30 series. Feels like a new car. Very satisfied customer.

Shitty pics:
Attached Images

Last edited by iamcpap; 12-06-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0