05-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #1
rdoctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GT3

Garage List
2009 BMW e92 M3  [0.00]
R35 GT-R

I searched and only found a couple of threads on this topic and they weren't all that helpful to me. Soooo.... Let me start by saying that I will keep my M3 forever I hope... but I've always wanted a GT-R as well. The thing that stopped me from actually getting one was my old school desire for only 3 pedal cars and the physical size of the thing. I've never owned a non 3 pedal sports car but for some reason I think I'm finally over those hangups and have started looking at 2017-2018 GT-R's. Yes, I know this is not the normal progression and I should be looking at a P-Car but unless I could have a at least a 997.2 or 991 GTS, GT3. or Turbo I don't think I want one. Plus, as you guys know, they are a lot more expensive and in my area I see lots of them around. I almost never see GT-R's but I don't care as much about that. I just want one. Yes I know the interior is not up to par with our beloved M3's, and to some people it's not a pretty car (ugly to many) but I have learned to love the way it looks, which IMO is badass. There is something that draws me more toward a GT-R than a P-car and I can't shake it.

So other than seeking opinions from any of you that have any real seat time in a GT-R.....does anyone know if there is a way to tell if a GT-R has been continuously launched? I don't mind if it's been launched a few times after it's been properly broken in and warmed up but if I find a 7,000 mile car that has been launched 50+ times in that short life then I'll pass. Just not sure how I would ever know this info. I'm guessing the Nissan dealership can't read the fobs to pull data? Are there other ways to find out how the car was treated?

BTW...this will be for a weekend/fun car and let me reiterate...I will not be selling my M3.

SOLD: e92 M3 6MT, Jet Black/Black
Dinan: Software Tune | CF Intake | Exhaust | Pulley Kit | Stage 1 Suspension | Pedals /// BBS e88 18x9.5 et19; 18x10.5 et19 on PS4 265/285 /// Lux Angel Eyes

Last edited by rdoctor; 05-21-2019 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 0