View Single Post
      08-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
Raindoh
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Back to the drawing board, BBK?

So I've done a couple of track days this summer and brakes have been a major issue. Originally I was using a performance brake fluid but it boiled quite easy and the pedal went very mushy. I was using Hawk HPS brake pads and experienced pretty bad fade. So I upgraded to Castrol SRF fluid and the pedal feel was quite good and consistent so I was happy with that change. I changed the pads to Hawk Street/Race pads which are supposed to be right under their dedicated track pads. They however did not seem to perform well. My first 2-3 laps were fine but soon the pads were screeching and I was getting very bad shudder and the wheel would go crazy under hard braking. I brought the car in after lap 10 and the brakes were smoking. My question is did I find the limit of the pads or the rotors?

I'm looking at upgrading the whole brake package as I find this cars brakes don't match the weight. My options I'm considering are, the AK brembo caliper upgrade with stock rotors, the M5 caliper and rotor upgrade through ECS, or going for an actual BBK possibly Stoptech as almost 9000 dollars for a brembo kit for 4 corners seems too much for how much I track the car.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0