View Single Post
      04-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #103
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
I must say this is my least favorite part of the ESS SC kit. There must be a better method of housing the air filter without having it sticking out the bottom like this?

Mine hasn't been cut yet, I thought a pre cut intake was supposed to be supplied?

I would love for ESS to fabricate a carbon fiber air box that sits behind the blowers, that takes intake air from the bonnet duct, as well as the lower air duct. The air filter could fit in there similar to G Power
Our intake system is designed to access air from outside the engine bay. Any attempt to pull air in from the engine bay via open filter or by a filter enclosed in a box behind the blower will almost always result in higher air intake temps as this air has been heated by the engine and the headers located directly below. It is possible to locate an intake in the engine bay but if you have the option to access cooler air direct from the front of the car we feel it is always a better option.

The intake filter has to be large to meet the CFM requirements of the system, this requires exact placement of the filter during installation as space is limited. When placing the filter it is ok to have a portion of it below the air duct as this area is enclosed within the front bumper cover when re-installed. We have been recently working to supply a modified air duct that will allow customers to retain the original. We will continue to modify the design of this part so that DIY installations require less effort.

Last edited by sales@ESSTuning; 04-19-2010 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0