View Single Post
      03-01-2018, 12:29 PM   #43
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
No worries man, absolutely not taking your posts as argumentative and I appreciate your insight! I've read damn near every wheel related post you've made over the years while researching my options...

Finish will be up to the quality of the powder coat job and will be a factor regardless of OEM vs ZCP. AG 359s are a very common wheel and virtually no one has complained about strength. Resale is of no concern, and given the lower initial cost it would actually likely be better than buying brand new ZCPs if I ended up selling at some point. I would powder coat rather than paint for durability. I know plenty of people with powder coated wheels and not a single one has had issues with weakened wheels so I'm willing to take my chances on the minimal risk.
Cool, glad you took it in the way I meant it. I have tried replica wheels in the past and the hassles of bent and cracked wheels are not for me. I will gladly pay for a higher quality product. You may want to dig a little deeper on the AG's. As shown by the post above^^

Also, another thing to keep in mind is the perspective that I'm coming from. I'm a complete wheel geek. Not sure why but I am. Further, the first thing I do to any car is attempt to improve the handling. That's my favorite aspect of this platform - tied with the exhaust note and high revving nature of the S65. The last thing I would do to the car is add a supercharger. That being said, I'm obsessed with the details of handling - hence my unwillingness to use a wheel that is not the ideal spec (or close to it) for the tires I choose. There are always compromises needed but in this case you don't need to compromise IMO. Best of luck and I hope whatever you choose works perfectly for your needs!
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0