View Single Post
      03-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #38
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I love the look of ZCP wheels too. They are one of my favorite OE wheels of all time. I have strongly considered grabbing a 10" square set over the years. Not being critical about that. However I wouldn't install 295's on them and I wouldn't buy replicas. Sorry but the replica version is not going to be equal quality to OE. Finish, strength, resale, etc are all reduced. I also wouldn't powder coat, I would paint to avoid the potential for weakening. I'm trying to help, I hope it doesn't seem like I'm looking to start an argument here. You can take or leave my opinion.
No worries man, absolutely not taking your posts as argumentative and I appreciate your insight! I've read damn near every wheel related post you've made over the years while researching my options...

Finish will be up to the quality of the powder coat job and will be a factor regardless of OEM vs AG. AG 359s are a very common wheel and virtually no one has complained about strength. Resale is of no concern, and given the lower initial cost it would actually likely be better than buying brand new ZCPs if I ended up selling at some point. I would powder coat rather than paint for durability. I know plenty of people with powder coated wheels and not a single one has had issues with weakened wheels so I'm willing to take my chances on the minimal risk.

Last edited by Iyzmi; 03-01-2018 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0