View Single Post
      03-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #36
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post

It's not that I'm penny pinching on the wheels, I just happen to think the ZCP wheels look the best at ANY pricepoint. Why would I spend more on ZCP wheels when I can get literally the same exact thing for half the price? They will be powder coated either way because gunmetal is a non-negotiable for me, so they will be "weakened" regardless of AG or OEM. BTW, the SC was $6.5k used. I like saving money where I can .

I love the look of ZCP wheels too. They are one of my favorite OE wheels of all time. I have strongly considered grabbing a 10" square set over the years. Not being critical about that. However I wouldn't install 295's on them and I wouldn't buy replicas. Sorry but the replica version is not going to be equal quality to OE. Finish, strength, resale, etc are all reduced. I also wouldn't powder coat, I would paint to avoid the potential for weakening. I'm trying to help, I hope it doesn't seem like I'm looking to start an argument here. You can take or leave my opinion.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0