View Single Post
      03-01-2018, 11:39 AM   #34
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
I'm planning on Pilot Sport 4S tires, regardless of which size I end up going with.

I've seen a lot of wheel pics posted over the years and honestly don't think anything looks as good as ZCP. F14 SDC does come close though.

I can get square AG M359s powder coated in gloss gunmetal shipped to my door for $1,400 brand new. OEM ZCPs would need to be sourced used to keep cost down, and I would still need to add $500 to get them powder coated locally. The only complaint I've seen about the AG wheels is the finish quality/durability being inferior to OEM, which is irrelevant to me since mine would be powder coated anyway. I also would not be able to run 275/295 with a set of OEM staggered ZCP, so I'm back to my "not enough meat" dilemma. Basically I see no reason to get OEM wheels over AG in my case .

$10k+ on a supercharger and penny pinching on wheels does not make sense to me. There are a lot higher quality options out there. Plus you could buy four 10" ZCP wheels just as easily as four 10" AG. Be sure the powder coated doesn't bake at too high of a temperature as that can weaken the wheel.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 1
kyippee1073.00