06-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #80
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBB View Post
Just got my first analysis back yesterday on my 2008 with 47K miles. This car has never been tracked, but I drive it pretty hard. Extremely pleased with this report and the lead count of 0! If this analysis looked good I had planned on ordering a VT2-625 kit from ESS. Unfortunately I sold the car on Friday, which makes seeing this even tougher. I loved the car, just hated the reliability.

In the past 6 months I had both throttle actuators go out, my ICV go out and just in the past 2 weeks I discovered my diff was going out....bad pinion bearing. That was kind of the last straw for me....just felt like I'm pissing my money away on repairs for substandard components. Yeah, it's an 08, but the miles are low, and the differential issue just really left a bad taste in my mouth as the fluid was changed at the appropriate intervals. I can only imagine the future problems I'll be having with this thing if the first year of ownership was any indication. Time to move on to something else, but I'll always have a soft spot for the S65. Such an incredible engine ....at least this M isn't showing any bearing wear!
What signs did you get that the transmission was starting to fail?