Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Take it online. Got my license through Allied Schools ($150). Read every day and it took 3-4 months from when I signed up for the classes until I took the state exam and passed earlier this year. I’m not practicing yet as I’m pursuing other things in addition to my day job but it’s a good security blanket. From my research and talking to RE people, the lifestyle is nice but do expect to put in the work.
Really? I heard its better to take in person classes, there is a community college near me offering 1 month program. I feel like I would like to eventually go full time into real estate. I enjoy working with customers, its a huge part of what I do now.

I also wonder if its better to start off with a big established brand or like my friends small company..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Take it online. Got my license through Allied Schools ($150). Read every day and it took 3-4 months from when I signed up for the classes until I took the state exam and passed earlier this year. I’m not practicing yet as I’m pursuing other things in addition to my day job but it’s a good security blanket. From my research and talking to RE people, the lifestyle is nice but do expect to put in the work.
Really? I heard its better to take in person classes, there is a community college near me offering 1 month program. I feel like I would like to eventually go full time into real estate. I enjoy working with customers, its a huge part of what I do now.

I also wonder if its better to start off with a big established brand or like my friends small company..
I feel the same way you do and have all the qualities to make it in that profession. I've done sales for 5 years before so that would help. All that aside, it really is about the attitude and your determination to succeed. You'll be your own boss running your own business. If you can do that well then you'll be successful. Most RE agents fail because they don't know how to run a business. They expect someone to tell them what to do. A lot of the big names like Keller Williams and Coldwell Banker offer training and such but you're expected to put in the work.

Big name companies have the name recognition so that helps. They also provide training and such. You'll have to talk to a few people at various companies to get a feel for which you may like. Be sure to ask about commission %, training, monthly fees (desk fees, software fees, etc.), etc. Since I'm not currently doing it, I can't offer opinion on smaller firms.

Classes are nice in person if you have the time. It depends on what you look for. For me, since I was working FT, online was the best way for me. The live interactions would have been good but I felt I didn't miss anything (ignorance is bliss I suppose).
Appreciate 0