01-18-2022, 05:32 PM   #579
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36clubracer View Post
Very cool on the stroker motor, I bet it'll make big power!

I'm very interested to hear your experience with Carbahn. Will you be staying with the DCT? Do they tune the ECU in house or is that on you? Will you go to standalone like a motec or life racing and a sequential?

Also curious to hear how you like dealing with the dry sump. I almost went that route with our race s54 then realized I would be really annoyed with the startup procedure of a dry-sump engine. But maybe Carbahn's system is essentially start and drive?
They tune, afaik. I will attempt to stay with the DCT. I know there's potentially some issues with torque etc, but I don't really want to move to sequential unless I have to. Learning process so we'll see!

I didn't realize there was an onerous start up procedure for dry-sump - so we'll see there if there is one!
instagram.com/titomanlio
Appreciate 0