ceesar
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
The Elise in many ways is the exact opposite of the M3 and I really love it for that. His car doesn't even have traction control. I've ridden in one at an autox event and it's just unreal how planted they feel. If I were going to have a second car to play with, it would be one of these.

I almost bought an Elise ~2yrs ago - brand new, only a few miles on the clock. Test drove it, and absolutely loved it. The purchase fell through as the dealer (Park Place in Bellevue, WA) refused to negotiate ... would not budge one bit from the price. It was 2wks before Christmas, with snow on the ground (I asked them who buys an Elise in that wether) ... and I had a check for $44K already made out. But still they refused to budge.

...I ended up walking away ... but it allowed me to buy the car I *really* wanted, the M3 (order placed 2 months ago!).
2012 M3 Convertible, Jerez Black, Fox Red || 27/Aug : placed orded || 2/Nov : Entered production || 15/Nov : Finished production || 16/Nov : At the port waiting loading || 22/Nov : on a boat en-route to the West Coast || 29/Dec : arrives at dealer || 31/Dec : collected it, and loving every second of it since!
Appreciate 0