View Single Post
      06-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #53
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Unless ESS is not telling the truth, they will have a supercharger setup for under $15k.

Price: $11,900-$12,900

http://site.essprojectcars.com/E92_M3.html
Well none of the prices for any company is set is in stone. All the companies can change their pricing upon releasing their sc kits. None of theese companies have released their kits. Also note that my car is still gonna have higher numbers when completely finished and my car will only be stage 1. The stg. 2 will consist of lowering comprension ratio along with some other items to make sure the engine is safe, not just changing the pulley for more boost like most companies do. Be prepared to see Alexs car (the owner) with their custom stage 3, which will be a fully built FI engine. I guess all companies will price accordingly, Gintanis kit uses a full in house c&c machined intake manifold along with a water to air cooler all flow tested.

The insinde runners of the manifold are beautiful. They also have about 8,000+ miles on their sc prototype kit. More than half of these miles were put on with hard driving all along the mulholland canyons. They have done several hours of dynoing, just to make sure the hp numbers were staying consistant, temps were good, air fuel ratios were good etc. The car has been basically beat for most of these miles just to see how reliable it will be and has not had any big issues. I have been their for most of the testing and have witnessed every page of the sc kit. Call me bias but Its a different story when a company lets u see the whole r&r of their sc kit along with the ups and downs. They are also local for me, I dont wanna have a kit where anytime I face a problem I have to mail my dme etc. I think this kit is worth every penny.