View Single Post
      07-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #4
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
My $0.02 is to have her check with her doctors about the availability of cardiac rehab from the hospital, whether it is appropriate for her treatment plan, and if her insurance will cover the costs.

Cardiac rehab is a hospital-managed gym, full of cardio exercise equipment and no weights. It is staffed by nurses and medically-trained workout coaches, who hook up each patient to a portable wireless ECG transmitter and supervise 40 minute workouts 2-3 times per week in a small group setting. When the patient graduates out in 3-6 months, they know how all of the cardio equipment in a typical gym works and have a workout plan to follow. The one at our local hospital also offered to let patients stay on (not wired or strictly supervised) for $50/month after they graduated, which is sort of in line with gym membership costs in our area.

My ticker condition is not usually treated with cardiac rehab, but one of my cardiologist team doctors signed me up for 3 months just for the supervised exercise in a gym for sick people and not muscle-heads. Hence, why I'm suggesting a similar plan for your sister if her doctors think it would be helpful.....