View Single Post
      12-02-2022, 04:35 PM   #37
Matthew_M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

Finally got out to my first trackday at Big Willow. I'm not inexperienced to racing as I used to race karts and have done a handful of autocross events but this was my first track experience with a car. My m3 handled it extremely well, no hiccups. Came out with some weak points that I'll need to address.

First weak point was tires, ran PS4S and they were fine but got greasy quick. Also T2, T8, and T9 ate through my driver side tires. By session 4, it got somewhat hairy on the high speed corners

Second, brakes and brake fluid. Currently running stock rotors, stoptech sport pads, steel brake lines, and upgraded motul fluid (not sure which one exactly but it's a higher temp fluid for occasional track days, recommended by my tech). Brakes were good, but after the lunch period the brake pedal felt mushy which didn't inspire much confidence. I checked for any fluid leaks and there were none. Not sure what happens there but the brakes are fine as of now. I'll look to just get some better fluid to start.

Lastly is driver skills lol. I need more seat time.

Otherwise had a great time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50