04-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #31
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I was going to say the exact same thing

PFC DD rotors up front, match them with your rear stock rotors. It is more braking power than you need and the DD rotor keeps much cooler than stock
+1 I used to track my M3 extensively and hated the stock rotors. They would overheat, those cheese grator would chew up pads etc. mushy pedal even with Castrol SRF. HORRIBLE.

I got PFC DD rotors (it was V2 back then) and bang it made a big difference (I unbolted the heat shields too). It would last 3 weekends on the track and I would chance it preventative after 6 track days as it was question of time it would surface to the rim. But I did a bit of runs each day (Chin etc giving lots of time on track).

Pads were mated with Pagid Yellows (which we ran in all of our cars at Yas Marina when I worked there). You can get better pads like PFC01 etc if competing but for value that was mysetup matched with OEM rear rotors.

Braking was never an issue short of sometimes I would get mushy pedal every two weekends (no ducting as it was a street car).

Is BBK better? Sure. Required? No.

Dont do the FCP returns. The stock rotors fall short on the track big time once you start going full boogie with sticky tires.

Lutfy
Appreciate 2
SYT_Shadow11490.00
redpriest2147.00