View Single Post
      11-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #48
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by photogS View Post
If you're talking 'fun to drive' and don't consider other factors then yes, Miata is better (as in more fun to drive, not faster), IMO. I've never driven Miata, but if M3 feels like I Buick in comparison (I'll take your word for it ) then Miata definitely sounds like a more fun to drive car.

If by real world situation you mean city/highway driving then I agree - but then Honda Civic is just as capable, right
On the track I don't agree. They are in the different league. Why people always have to bring the money issue to the table to justify the lesser car? If it's all about money give me a fricking Evo and call it a day. Much better then M3, no?

I won't argue with that. We all buy cars for different purpose, if M3 fits you fine. I bought one too, not because I think it's better, but because I usually have a toddler in the back seat and had to compromise. To me that's what M3 is - a compromise, nothing else.

Your opinion again, mine is different.
It's all subjective but I like the look of 911 better. To most people M3 looks like a regular 3 series, and hence they don't even give a 2nd look.
My CS got much more attention then M3. Car enthusiast will recognize M3, but 911 will get recognition from everyone. I don't really care about being seen in a car, I'd rather stay low, especially that there is a lot of hate in Michigan towards foreign cars lately (my wife's E350 got egged last month, and somebody left a note that read 'foreigners lover' ) but it doesn't change the fact that I like the look of 911 more.

I do not agree. I like the more driver's oriented cockpit in the Carrera, and full leather interior in a Porsche is really nice. BMW interior to me is kinda blah, but again this is subjective and we can argue till the cows come home so let's drop the 'this car looks better' argument as it leads nowhere
+1

Like I said, I obviously love Porsche and that is why I am getting a GT3 next year. I just SLIGHTLY disagreed with the whole 911 raping an M3 thing.

...or maybe a GTR. Can't argue with the performance of a GTR.

Why must I love cars so much!

-SZ
Appreciate 0