View Single Post
      10-13-2020, 09:15 AM   #120
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by super51fan View Post
There is definitely a huge gap between the Supra 3.0 and entry 86, it just sucks that it was filled with a stripped out Supra instead of a performance 86.

I really don’t think $30k to $35k is that big of jump even for young guys who want a little more performance and have the extra the cash. I also don’t think this is any different than those who buy the STI over the WRX. As long as they keep a >$30k model I don’t see what is wrong with this formula.
Probably not. But from my experience with hanging around these guys at meets and such, many of them were stretching to even buy an FR-S @$25k. Still have roommates, etc.

But I'm with you, I would definitely prefer the hopped up BRZ over the 2.0 Supra. Maybe Edelbrock will almost immediately come out with a Supercharger for the BRZ again. If you paid an ASE tech to install it, Edelbrock would put a 3/36k warranty on your drivetrain, since you just voided* the stock one. Hopefully this gen will still have the overkill fuel system. The stock fuel system on the previous gen could support 250-260 whp with no issues.

* yes I know technically they don't void they warranty, but any claim to drivetrain will be denied as soon as they open the hood.

Last edited by OkieSnuffBox; 10-13-2020 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 0