View Single Post
      10-12-2020, 07:30 PM   #118
super51fan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
It may be offset by 30% cheaper to start? I don't know, I'm not a higher up there. Just speculating off what they are actually doing vs what I want them to do.

I'd love to see a gnarly 320hp turbo BRZ with Brembo's and proper suspension from the factory. But I suspect the market for a $45k BRZ is incredibly small.

You can buy a Camaro SS 1LE with track warranty for less than that.

So my guess is that keeping it sub-$30 minus the performance package (like on the current ones that added a few k to the price) so the young guys can buy is the reason.

When I had mine, I didn't know many (actually any) middle guys with a family owning one. When I bought mine at 32 I was already one of the "old guys" that owned a BRZ.
There is definitely a huge gap between the Supra 3.0 and entry 86, it just sucks that it was filled with a stripped out Supra instead of a performance 86.

I really don’t think $30k to $35k is that big of jump even for young guys who want a little more performance and have the extra the cash. I also don’t think this is any different than those who buy the STI over the WRX. As long as they keep a >$30k model I don’t see what is wrong with this formula.
Appreciate 2
5.M0NSTER3353.50