View Single Post
      12-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #140
Sakred
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post

As far as price goes...the delta is probably $20K <<<<ON AVERAGE>>>> difference. Most M3's probably come out to be about $70K with options vs $90K for the GT-R. Not an insignificant amount of money. Some could afford a GT-R but opted for the M3 for their own reasons and some probably are stretched at $70K and could't swing the $20K difference.
It depends on market. In Socal no dealer will sell at MSRP. usually 10-15k over for a 2012. I was lucky enough to get the car at MSRP of 96k where as an M3 at the end of its model life-cycle can be had with some negotiations. The GTR has gone up in price every year and continues this trend. The difference on average here in Socal would probably be closer to 30k. The justification I made was yes its more expensive but you get more car for the money and its much more exclusive. As an earlier poster mentioned there really is no comparison between the two cars.

I think the reason you see so many comparison threads on this forums with the GTR is because the GTR is somewhat of a natural progression. Most M guys end up getting P cars as they progress. And what competes with a P car better then a GTR?