View Single Post
      04-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadOn View Post
So I am pulling this into its own thread so people can get involved if they want to on this issue.

In a previous thread there was some confusion about whether new M3 buyers would qualify for the 1 day M school class that is offered free to M5/M6 buyers.

I called the PCD school today and she confirmed what my CA had told me. M3s are not currently eligible for this benefit.

She did indicate they are hoping that might change. I asked how we might influence that decision in our favor, and she said to let your CA/dealership know since it will help them put pressure on BMW to maybe change the policy.

I am also going to send an email to customer service (link is on the Owner's Circle page).

I encourage any of you who would like to have this option available to do the same.

NOTE: This benefit extends to any new owner up to a year from the date you receive your car. So even if you have already taken possession of your new M3, the school indicated you could take the class for free if they changed the policy.

Cheers.
It's pointless to make an issue of this. It's not a big deal. BMW is having a hard enough time pricing the M3 competitively thanks to the weak sauce US dollar, we certainly can't expect them to give us any more freebies. The M School simply was not built into the the M3's pricing structure. The M3's base is a very affordable $55k and BMW is already the last euro make to still graciously offer us free maintenance for the first 50k miles. The M5/M6 has a base price of $30-40k more and are produced in significantly less numbers, so it makes sense to include M School in the pricing.

So why are people complaining? Why are people expecting more handouts? If you really want to go to M School, just pay for it and go then. Either that or buy an M5/M6. The M3 is already one hell of a bargain and the last thing we need is for BMW to start reconsidering US pricing which may even put the BMW Ultimate service program (free maintenance) at risk of being removed from the pricing structure of future BMWs.

Let's be thankful people. We basically have the lowest pricing of the new M3 in the world already and it comes with free scheduled maintenance. We shouldn't be complaining about not getting some driving school for free that doesn't even cost that much to begin with if you pay for it on your own. Better yet, attend an HPDE with a local BMW CCA chapter. For roughly $400-500, you can learn how to drive your own M3 in a fun, safe, and friendly environment.
Appreciate 0