View Single Post
      08-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #187
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

[Update]
Proxes RR came Friday and I was impatient to give it a try. The rear ADO8R already had 5 trackdays and the front PS4S were not holding up to the abuse. The passenger side tread was peeling off. the driver side looked ok. But with RR slicks in the tire place....

So on went 295/30/19 in the rear and 235/35/19 on the front.

Saturday was perfect weather at NYST and I immediately was in 1:38s even first warm up session.

I was careful to start the first lap at ease to put some heat into them.

Coming of the first session was at 42psi rear and 45 hot in the front. I took the air out to about 38. We already discussed that it is not true hot.

Spec calls for 32-38 hot. I want to stay on the upper limit for heavy car like the E92.

For the rest of the sessions i was at high 1:37.x and low 1:38.x. Any session I had open lap I was into these lap times. It was a congested day and it was hard to get two or three open laps.

The 3pm session I hit 1:37.5 with DSC off and this is my best time this year. Last year in October I hit 1:37.2 on a colder day.

Suspension. The JRZ settings I have few post back are now my daily settings. On the track I click the shafts +1 on the front and +2 on the rear.

There was a big different with the RR on the fast slalom 8,9,10. (left, right Left - each one tighter then the previous one)

@8 The rear ADO8R will slide out a bit and the front 275/30/19 would straggle to come into 9, so 10 can be tight, The RR 295/30/19 would not budge and the front had no problem coming right into 9 and left into 10.

The 235/30/19 would not be dramatically better than the ADO8R at the slow turns, but they were definitely better. However, the 235 on 9.5 is so ugly, just for esthetic reason I may have to bag this idea after I use up the second set.

The rear were fantastic.

I found 265/30/19 R888R cheaper than before @ $240. So next I will give these a try.

Overall, I am happy to get into the 1:37 range and am .5 second from my 1:36 this year objective.

Final thoughts about the RR slicks. Very nice but of course less versatile. If it rains, I will have to sit the session or the day. For now I have only one set of track wheels.

The front 235 RR wore out evenly but the passenger side did cord by lunch time on the second day. My brake pads were gone anyway
Appreciate 0