Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
Beef, my objective is not "trying to remove inconsistencies this whole time" . My car is very consistent and stable at almost all of my track days except one where i had the sway bars cranked to too stiff of a settings. My objective this year is to get to 1:36 range.
this entire thread has evolved into discussion about tuning your car's handling. my comment about removing inconsistencies was regarding things like tires. all of your suspension, tire pressure, and driving style changes become worthless when you throw in a wildcard like much higher grip tires with a larger bias.
so not only is your braking going to suffer, your mid corner speeds are going to be down, which also means less overall speed in the straights between the corners. the only thing that isn't going to be hurt is straight line acceleration.

its not the end of the world, but you compromised on tire size because of availability and now your car is going to handle very differently, and i'm going to predict you're not going to like it.
if you're ok with it, thats cool, but don't think you have a whole 'nother set of suspension problems to work out when the car doesn't handle well.

i know you already mentioned you want to do what you can with the equipment you selected, but let me offer an opinion- sell the carbon brakes, use that money to buy these (and the matching rear set);
https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...668372mm-e92m3
then, get a set of the 18x10.5" forged titan 7 wheels.
https://europeanautosource.com/titan...wheel-set.html
your tire choices and availability will increase tremendously.
Thank you for your opinion and prediction.
to sum it up, you'r saying that 235 slick will be slower then Ado8r 275. You might be right and we shell see. I am curious about this myself.
Appreciate 0