Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
I will agree that many people do not push their car enough to warrant BBK's and do it for cosmetics but I will have to disagree as far as the OEM brakes being good enough for the track for everyone.

Maybe for a less experienced driver not pushing the car they are sufficient but the better you get and if you like to late brake (used to that from doing motorcycle racing) then the OEM brakes can not live up to that.

I remember people criticizing Kingleh for saying the same about our brakes on an old thread and saying he doesnt know how to drive only to find out later he is a professional driver. (check his videos on youtube under "Leh Keen" awesome!)

Don't assume OEM is good for everyones skills but I do agree that most dont need the BBK's.
You and I are very much in agreement on almost everything you wrote.

Not to put too fine a point on one thing... I don't think anyone is saying, least of all BMW, that the ZCP transforms the M3 into a clubsport, GTS or GT4 track ready variant of the standard M3, and recognizing as much opens the door for a need to upgrade brake lines, cooling, etc., IF or WHEN the ZCP is going to be tracked by either a very good driver or a very bad driver who demands more of the OEM hardware than it can deliver.

I would expect an M3 CS to have brakes that would be track ready for any driver to go to the track without any thought of upgrading the brakes beforehand. However, when Alain Prost, a driver who I think it is fair to say could teach any and all who have ever graced this forum a thing or two about driving, braking in particular, pronounced the OEM brakes as satisfactory after spending time behind the wheel of a stock E92 M3 at Vairano, that carried a lot of weight with me. That doesn't mean that he would have gone racing with the OEM brakes, it simply means that the quality of the OEM brake kit is qualitatively proportionate to the capabilities of the car in stock form when driven correctly at a track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
It would be nice if a professional and official racer could at the same time (weather, temperature, wind) track on the N-Ring
M3 E92 7DCT
M3 E92 ZCP 7DCT
M3 E92 GTS 7DCT
M3 E92 GT4 7DCT
all in stock form with stock tires and 19" rims (except GT4 with 18"). Then we could really see the differences between standard M3, ZCP, GTS and GT4.

Does any objective and good driver wants to try?
Why not volunteer Phillip? See vid below vv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
When I went around the Nürburgring Nordschleife in the BMW Ring-Taxi, Philipp Wänniger was our driver. He is a very nice guy and his driving skills are simply outstanding!
It is good to know that the suspension of our car is developed and tested by such competent people.
I cannot say if the ZCP version really is faster, but if anyone could proof this, it should be Philip Wänninger in the first place.
If your ride was anything like that of the three in the M5 with him on this ride, you had a great time.

Last edited by Eau Rouge; 05-15-2010 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0