04-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #93
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
They may cost less than the Enzo...but most of them are still significantly more than the LF A.

LF A $375 000 7:24
Zonda F Clubsport $741 000 7:24
Enzo $1M 7:25

Carrera GT $440 000 7:28
Koenigsegg CCX $650 000 7:33
F430 Scuderia $300 000 7:39
SLR $500 000 7:40
Murcielago 670-4 SuperVeloce $450 000 7:42
Dear Cdnrockies,

Didnt we agree that all of them (Note: CCX replaced by Agera) are out of production. If they were the targets, Lexus would have been better off shelving the LF-A because they do not exist anymore.

And all of this is before i bring in Brand Values. You see, it is still a Lexus and you intend to compare it to Mclaren's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's etc on equal footing? Plus, doesn't the car go on for sale only 18 months later?

We will have the new Murcielago and Zonda and concrete resting numbers for the Italia and Mclaren. You are free to compare (or make excuses by bringing up out of date cars) then.

You just completely ignore the 1/2 price Italia and Mclaren (which should be quicker) and 1/5 price GT-R (which only loses by a very tiny margin on only a track) and bring up BS comparisons with old cars to justify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post

The Veyron has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. There will always be something faster. But, to this point, the LF A has put down the best track time out of any of these supercars. Guess everyone should just buy a Viper ACR as it's faster than everything here at a fraction of the price anyways.
Since it is a 1/3 of the price (probably less with the discounts that follow every Viper), this just means great value because you put up with a crap badge unlike this Lexus.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.

Last edited by blue2fire; 04-14-2010 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0