06-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
The red run is with the Dinan ECU, plus throttle bodies compared to stock (blue). Don't get carried away analysizing the differences because I'm still having fuel issues. Apparently 100-octane and above at 5400 feet loses you hp. The blue run is 91 octane and the red run is Sunoco 100-octane. I'm going back next week with 91-octane Shell and bet I'll gain some hp.

The point of this chart is to observe the 200 rpm increase in redline on my 6MT car. I think that what Dinan's site is meaning to say, is that you'll observe the 200 rpm increase on a DCT car only if you're in Manual mode. It doesn't address the 6MT cars specifically and is only try to explain its limits on the DCT cars.

I'll run this 100-octane out and go back with pure 91-octane to replace that red line. Next we're going to play with mixes of E85/91 at 20/80 to see if we can't generate some more hp from octane. The dyno operator thinks that the low oxygen levels at this altitude are impacting my high octane runs. We think that the higher flash point combined with less oxygen is hurting power.

PG, if you're watching, I'll get you clean runs in each state of tune after I work out these fuel issues.

BTW, why isn't anyone esle at altitude posting dyno runs??? I'd like a little help here.

Dave
Attached Images