View Single Post
      08-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

A Shout Out to Mike Benvo

Last night Mike completed the final programming of my Combox retrofit. I have used Mike in the past for a tune, and what difference that made to my car! I ordered the Combox some months ago, but due to severe work constraints was able to complete the retrofit this week. We completed the process over the phone, my advice is to wear a headset so you are able to have both hands free while Mike is leading you thorough the removal of the obsolete parts and the retrofit of the Combox. I also had my Surefire LED flashlight handy to provide additional light on the subject, this was extremely helpful. I am mechanically unsound, and should not really be allowed near to tools of any kind, however, apart from the trickiness of some of the electrical connectors, I was able to get through the process just fine. Mike is the consummate multi-tasker, and has infinite patience while guiding you through the process. During the Combox programming session, he also removed the pesky double pull interior door handle nonsense, and included one touch window up (on the key fob). I now have Bluetooth music from my iPhone 5, in addition to album art when plugged into the center console USB port. I intend to add his DCT software upgrade later this month. I am going to assume that Mike is very successful, he tends to work very long hours on complex problems, we have on two occasions spoken after 10pm PDT, so I would suggest that you be respectful of his time. His tone and inflection over the phone never changes, he is thoughtful, persistent, and a consistent and valuable asset to our e92 M3 and BMW community. if I were in any type of talent acquisition position at BMW, I would hire him without question. Thanks again for a fantastic job Mike, I sincerely appreciate what you do!
Appreciate 0