View Single Post
      05-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #440
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

@cdnrockies cowboy,
This is just the first comment found at a simple search:One noticeable element of the IS F design were its faux quad exhaust tailpipes consisting of two vertically stacked exhaust tips on each side that did not directly connect to the actual exhaust pipes ( tips were part of the bumper, rather than the exhaust)
Call your friend google, he will reveal for you the topgear where they are just making fun of this car. And the comparison with 7 series just proved that you are FAR from car knowledge, probably the street boys that teached you were not very honest with you. You know, a list of cars on the forum will not prove that you are educated or that you have knowledge, nor will make you look better, especially when you are adopting a red neck attitude and vulgar language. Just the fact that you judge someone based on a car that he owns proves many things...

GoingToofast, I have changed the name of the car because it seems that in here some people make connections between whatever car you own and the posts, without thinking that actually that can be one of the cars anyway. However, it is obvious that some people will not take criticism from somebody who drives a Pontiac Vibe. It can be whatever car in there, a discussion is a discussion; unfortunately some have very narrow views...

BiscottiGelato,
The car has a lower COG because of the layout of the boxer engine in comparaison with the inline 6. Plus, we are in 2012, 30 years later, we should expect some improvement , especially these days when we consider that the car technology is also 30 years more mature, don't you think?

In one post you are pointing the weight in another the safety. let me tell you something about the safety and the weight. Active safety is one thing, passive safety is another. You might have 8 airbags and one plastic car, when you will hit a heavier car you can bet you wish to be in a heavier car; if you still have the opportunity...

Not last, the quality of product and materials comes with a negative element: the weight.
Some people preffer a car made from tic-tac plastic, some preffer the cars made from real materials, good quality, nice speakers with titanium elements, real audio wirring, nice leather, vented seats, etc.
Bottom line, the agility comes from the weight/HP ratio and the torque power distribution and how that whole machine handles, this is where BMW exceeds. They know how to make well build cars with quality workmanship that are agile too.
As I can see, it si nothing new in there, the 1982 BMW solution who benefits from the lower gravity of a H engine, nothing more. And even after 30 years, they still didn't beat that E30 values. What a pitty...

You want a light car and cheap? Sure, take it but don't bring the safety element in here... Smart as a vehicle is safe too but reported to certain conditions.
Buyers buy their cars based on their perception, but that doesn't mean that is actually the truth...

In the end, I am not willing to have an interminable discussion with you, I respect your choices, please respect mine. I still don't understand why people who are frustrated with their cars don't get rid of them and buy whatever they like? Masochism?
Please go and buy that tic-tac car, if in your perception is better, go for it, you have one life and is too bad to spend your time in a machine that you don't like.

And yes, you are in BMW forum, be ready to take the criticism, otherwise go in the Toyota forum and your posts will be praised.

Peace
Appreciate 0